Find serenity through yoga, trekking and rejuvenating Ayurvedic spa treatments at the Santani, an award-winning wellness resort set among green hills just outside the sacred city of Kandy.
Ever returned from a holiday feeling like you need another one to recover? Check into the Santani Wellness Resort on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sri Lanka and you’ll have taken your first step towards feeling spiritually revived, re-energised and refreshed. Set on a 48-acre former tea plantation in Sri Lanka’s spiritual heartland, Santani feels wonderfully secluded whilst being just an hours’ drive from Kandy. The 16 elevated chalets are deliberately minimalistic and naturally ventilated, with no TV or Wi-Fi to distract from the misty mountain views.
You can alternate your time between the spa’s cedar wood sauna, wandering the fertile rice fields or meditating along the Hulu River. For a deeper detox Santani also offers a variety of personalised wellness programmes to help you really shed the stresses of everyday living. Visiting masters, expert trainers and chefs with the ability to design nutritious meals to suit your goals all play their part, but Santani’s setting high up in the mountains, overlooking valleys cloaked in white clouds, also contributes to your sense of ultimate wellbeing and relaxation.
Santani Wellness Resort, at a glance
- Blissful wellness resort set in the serene Sri Lankan countryside just outside of Kandy
- Choice of 16 stylishly simple mountain-view chalets and four garden-view chalets
- Cool neutral minimalist décor complemented by natural materials
- Tented four-poster beds
- Private balconies with recycled teak safari chairs
- Villas overlook the valley and deep green rice paddies
- Digital detox means no TVs and Wi-Fi on-demand only
- Custom-created dining plans served in the beautiful glasshouse restaurant
- Children over 12 years welcome
For leisure and pleasure
- Fully-fledged destination spa, Sri Lanka’s first, with hydrotherapy facilities, a steam room and cedar wood sauna
- Thermal salt soak pool
- Range of programmes and packages centred around your personal needs
- Restorative Ayurvedic treatments
- Lap pool clinging to the hillside
- Healthy living and well-being promotion with immune boosting, fitness and sleep courses
- Personalised yoga, body alchemy and energy alignment with visiting master practitioners