Architecturally elegant and impressive as it is, the Hotel Arakur is completely dwarfed by the vast lake, rolling plains and monumental mountains which surround it.
In fact it is difficult to imagine any man-made structure dominating such a landscape. The Arakur is perched prominently on a craggy hillside, but behind it, puncturing the sky, are the jagged, snow-capped peaks of a mighty range of mountains. And before it a sea of tranquil blue water stretches away to a horizon shaped by a parade of mountain tops. This is nature at its most awe-inspiring.
That said, Arakur is impressive in its own right. A stunning infinity edge pool overlooks the huge lake. The ultra-modern rooms and suites have their own grand views. The outdoor hot tubs and fitness studio make the most of the spectacular panoramas. In short, there are all the modern amenities you need on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Argentina.
Arakur Resort and Spa, at a glance
- Architecturally impressive resort and spa standing on a natural, 250 metre high balcony
- Four kilometres from the centre of Ushuaia and within easy reach of the international airport
- Choice of 117 guest rooms including twins, doubles, triples and senior suites
- All with inspiring views of the bay or mountains and valleys
- Contemporary interior design complemented by smart temperature control technology
- Generous en suite bathrooms
- Senior suites have separate living rooms
- Haute cuisine served in La Cravia Restaurant, with unparalleled views of the Beagle Channel, bay, city and Vinciguerra Glacier
- Lobby and Pool Bars
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool, water jets, hot tubs, children’s pool - all filled with natural rain water and glacial melt water
- Superb spa and fitness centre
- Great base for exploring Tierra del Fuego National Pak – just 14 km away
- Reserva Natural Cerro Alarken is easily accessible, with tracks beginning at the hotel
- Guided mountain expeditions
- Forest footpaths and visits to Rio Chico to see beaver lodges, Arroyo Grande Meadows, Andorra Valley, the Vinciguerra Glacier and Iceberg Lagoon
- Only 12 km from Ushuaia Golf Club