In the stunning surroundings of Patagonia’s Atlantic coast, Bahia Bustamante is the perfect base for some perfect adventures.
Your horse carefully picks its way down the rocky hillside to the hidden cove, and suddenly you can tick another ‘must-do’ off your list. You’ve ridden a horse along a deserted beach with nothing but the wind and the crashing surf for company.
Patagonia is the place for such adventures. A place where you’re more likely to encounter ranchers, seaweed harvesters, biologists, artists and adventure-seekers than posses of camera-wielding tourists. The sort of place where you’ll experience flora, wildlife and birdlife in its natural state. The type of area that has created Bahia Bustamante, where you can stay in either a seafront or steppes view house and experience the authentic way of life of this tiny Patagonian community.
Truly an adventure quite unlike any other.
Bahia Bustamante, at a glance
- Tiny community poised between the San Jorge Gulf and the Patagonian steppes
- 180 km north of Comodoro Rivadavia
- Choice of six quaint seafront houses with two double bedrooms, full bathrooms, living rooms and outside terraces overlooking the beach and bay
- Choice of five houses overlooking the steppes, 200 m from the beach, with one double bedroom each, bathroom, kitchen and patio with barbecue
For leisure and pleasure
- Explore an unspoiled wilderness; the peninsula is the natural home of a huge number of birds, sea creatures and land mammals
- Cycling and horse riding
- Visits to the Petrified Forest, Patagonian ranches, beaches and rock pools
- Discover coastal buoys and Chenques and Picaderos indigenous sites