Surrounded by more than two hundred acres of lush farmland, La Bandada is a working ranch which fuses the character and warmth of a traditional estancia with the comfort of a modern hotel. Just a couple of hours by road from Buenos Aires, La Bandada is the ideal place to relax, ride, bird watch and enjoy the nature of the Pampas.
The estancia’s exterior is extremely traditional, featuring dark red buildings and high roofs, built from bricks to aid the ventilation. Inside you will find spacious living and dining areas, filled with antiques and quirky art pieces, offering the character and warmth of a typical Argentine farm.
Impressive grounds surround the estancia and are home to a huge variety of birdlife and farm animals. There is a beautiful outdoor swimming pool and huge century old oak and pine trees surround the property.
There are seven rooms and suites, each unique in decoration and layout. The two-bedroom suites are ideal for families and come with their own private living room. In the morning guests can enjoy the Pampas environment straight from their window, with the smell of jasmines, the sound of bird song and the neighing horses in the distance.
Meals at the estancia are served ‘family style’ with guests eating together in either the main dining room or in the gardens. Beautifully fresh seasonal fruits and vegetables come from the estancia’s own orchard and will appear on your plate in different salads and homemade jams. The area is of course famous for its cattle and for meat lovers the legendary Argentine asado (barbecue) is a must.
With activities varying from polo lessons to cookery classes, there is always something to keep everyone entertained at La Bandada. Whether you’re staying as a family or a couple, are at the start of your holiday or coming to the end, La Bandada is a charming property which should be on everyone’s wish list.
Estancia La Bandada, at a glance
- Only a couple of hours outside the Argentine capital of Buenos Aires
- Just seven individually styled rooms, some large enough for families
- Beautifully fresh produce used in the kitchen and classic Argentine specialities like asado
- Outdoor swimming pool and huge grounds to explore
For leisure and pleasure
- Riding! The estancia has beautiful Criollo horses for guests and they offer riding for all abilities. Polo lessons can also be organised at the estancia
- La Bandada is surrounded by a large park and one great way to explore is on the estancia’s mountain bikes
- With a huge number of trees and plants in the grounds, La Bandada is an ideal spot for birdwatching. Take your binoculars and follow the estancia’s checklist of different species, which include hummingbirds, cardinals, herons, storks, sparrows, tropical screech oils, southern screamers and woodpeckers
- Cookery classes in the kitchen, including how to make the famous Argentine pastry, empanada
- Explore the surrounding area, including the colonial town of San Miguel del Monte, or visit the many antique and craft shops, famous for their leather and silver goods
- Relax by one of the two swimming pools or book a massage