Is there a more relaxed way of seeing the countryside – or gaining an insight into the workings of an authentic Argentinian estancia – than from the back of a horse?
If you really want to feel at one with the natural environment of rural Argentina and immerse yourself in the lifestyle of the country’s famous gauchos who still herd flocks in traditional cowboy style, you should join them at Estancia Nibepo. Here you’ll cross sweeping countryside at a horse’s pace, drive sheep or cattle and soak in the views of Argentino Lake.
You’ll also come to appreciate the way of life of gauchos on an authentic working estancia, way out in Los Glaciares National Park. Later you’ll be watching sheep shearing, admiring the phenomenal skills of local horsemen demonstrating their bolas-throwing prowess and feasting on lamb grilled on a traditional cross stake. To discover the real rural Patagonia during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Argentina, visit Estancia Nibepo Aike.
Estancia Nibepo Aike, at a glance
- Genuine working estancia standing beside the beautiful Argentino Lake
- Within Los Glaciares National Park
- Choice of 10 cosy, ranch-style, superior and standard rooms
- Country décor including hardwood floors and antique furniture
- En suite bathrooms and great views of the surrounding farmlands
- Lounges with log-burning fireplaces
- Authentic estancia cuisine including fresh home-grown produce and local specialities like lamb grilled on a Patagonian crossed stake
For leisure and pleasure
- Detailed tour of the working estancia and insight into its 100 year history
- Sheep shearing and herding demonstrations
- Working with prize Hereford cattle in corrals
- Riding skills exhibitions on thoroughbred criollo horses
- Hiking and riding along the banks of Argentino Lake
- Gaucho experience riding to remote areas of Los Glaciares National Park
- Explore the valley of the Cachorro River, and the Cerro Cristal hillsides
- Trips to the Perito Moreno Glacier and the Hidden Glaciers