With just 8 guest rooms, you are constantly surrounded by nature at Estancia Rincón Chico, but the location makes you feel like the only person in the world.
From elephant seals and whales to armadillos and wild cats. From albatross and night herons to buzzard eagles and turkey vultures. From molle and tuna (the plant not the fish) to quilimbay and fabiana. Everywhere you look you’ll discover a fascinating life form, perfectly adapted to life in the rich but demanding environment of the Valdes Peninsula.
Stroll along the Estancia Ricón Chico’s beach and you may well see orcas and sea lions, dusky and bottlenose dolphins, penguins and massive southern right whales breaching the inky blue sea.
And Ricón Chico is a natural part of this entrancing landscape. It’s a simple, single storey estancia with a full length veranda. Inside you can expect true Patagonian home comforts, plus hearty cooking and deeply comfortable beds.
Estancia Ricón Chico, at a glance
- Charming estancia set on 15 kilometres of wildlife-rich beaches
- 165 km from Puerto Madryn and 70 km from Puerto Piramides
- Just eight comfortable guest rooms with private bathrooms and rustic Patagonian décor
- Plus four single rooms for scientists and guides
- Cosy drawing room and dining room serving beautiful, home-cooked food
For leisure and pleasure
- Beach walks to observe whales, orcas, penguins and dolphins (year-round) elephant seals and sea lions and their young (seasonal)
- Professional guided nature tours of the region’s flora and fauna
- Hiking and mountain biking
- Truly exceptional bird watching; a must-visit for experienced twitchers and bird lovers
- Scientific activities