Stone patios and shaded terraces. Towers and brick floors, hand-carved doors and windows, stables and a belfry. No, you haven’t stepped back in time – you’re staying at La Casona.
La Paz is an ancient city with much of its architecture reflecting the colonial era, and that is recalled in La Casona Hotel with its long connections – and shared architectural features - with the local San Francisco Convent.
Today this marvellous boutique hotel is a destination in its own right – a worthy addition to your tailor-made holiday to Bolivia. It has its own El Tapado museum revealing secret family treasure troves dating back hundreds of years. Then there’s the La Caballeriza patio – where animals were once unsaddled, and the old church atrium that is now a sun deck, and El Mirador with its spectacular views over the rooftops of old La Paz.
And amongst the history you’ll discover every refinement a modern boutique hotel requires.
La Casona Hotel, at a glance
- Beautifully restored boutique hotel in the heart of La Paz
- Choice of single, double or triple rooms, an exclusive family-sized suite and a romantic honeymoon double room
- Simple but very stylish modern décor, including private bathrooms
- Wooden floors and great views
- Suite has its own dining and lounge area plus a small kitchen
For leisure and pleasure
- Tiled sun decks arranged around an ancient bell tower
- Domed church atrium and El Mirador with fantastic views of La Paz’s fascinating old quarter
- Interesting ‘family treasure’ museum
- Brilliant access to the sights, sounds and life of old La Paz
- Walking tours of the city nearby
- Beautiful park just a few moments away