Even as you approach the Nayara Alto Atacama you could be forgiven for thinking that this luxury hotel has been carved out of the deep red of the magnificent cliffs at its back. Or that it is an ancient, indigenous village that time has forgotten. This is the perfect place to sit back, relax in luxurious surroundings and garner a real empathy for the region you’re visiting.
Nayara Alto Atacama stands in the shadow of the wondrous historic Pukará de Quitar ruins, tucked away in a tranquil valley, beside the winding San Pedro river. And the desert beckons you with its fantastic carved rock structures, its geothermal fields, its surprisingly rich flora and fauna and a crystal clear night sky that will bring out the astrologer – and the romantic – in you.
Nayara Alto Atacama, at a glance
- Modern luxury hotel in tune with the surrounding desert
- Choice of 42 rooms featuring simple yet ultimately comfortable rustic furnishings
- Décor follows local traditions and craftsmanship
- All rooms have private terraces offering glorious natural views of the hotel’s gardens, valley or the lagoon
- Designer en suites using natural tones and stone
- Regional specialities and international cuisine served in a variety of indoor and outdoor dining settings
For leisure and pleasure
- Relaxing H2O Spa with a wide range of treatments
- Van trips to explore the magnitude of the Atacama
- Tours of the Andes, mountain lakes and world’s highest geothermal geysers
- Half day trekking including Valley of the Moon, Los Colorados and El Diablo Ravine
- Mountaineering adventures to Mount Kimal and the volcanoes of Toco and Licancabur