On the outskirts of Puerto Natales in Chilean Patagonia is Remota. A stylish hotel offering guests an excellent base to explore the surrounding area and Torres del Paine National Park.
Overlooking the Ultima Esperanza Fjord, the hotel has been designed to emulate the outposts used by the gauchos who farmed in the area. Bright open spaces fill the hotel and large windows bring light in and allow guests to enjoy the beautiful views of the fjord. Modern design is fused with traditional materials and pre-Inca artefacts giving the hotel a sense of history for the surrounding area.
Remota offer a range fo programs for guests staying at the hotel and unlike other hotels in the area, offer activities including climbing, fly-fishing and kayaking. They also offer many of the classic activities one associates with Patagonia, including riding and hiking, with excursions possible in both Torres del Paine, as well as quieter areas around the hotel.
For more independent guests, there is the option of staying on just a bed & breakfast basis, but most guests will stay on a package with all meals included. When out on activities picnic lunches are provided and when back in the hotel, guests can look forward to a delicious menu full of local specialities. After dinner guests can relax at the bar or enjoy one of Remota's inviting lounge areas.
There are 72 rooms and each have large windows and feature local lenga wood in their decoration. Rooms can be set up as triples, which is ideal for families or groups of friends.
Unlike many hotels in Patagonia, Remota is open year round, which makes it an excellent
Remota, at a glance
- Design hotel on the outskirts of Puerto Natales
- Overlooking the Last Hope Sound
- Seventy-two stylishly designed rooms
- Excellent restaurant and bar
- Spa with outdoor jacuzzis
- Open year round
For leisure and pleasure
- Remota offer a variety of programs for guests, including a bed & breakfast, soft activity and adventure programs
- Activities in the surrounding area and Torres del Paine National Park
- Hiking, riding, fishing, climbing and kayaking
- Explore the town fo Puerto Natales