Explore the enchanted islands on board the tastefully refurbished Bonita. An excellent value option when exploring the wildlife haven of the Galapagos.
With capacity for just sixteen passengers, Bonita is arguably one of the most comfortable 'Superior Tourist' class ships in the Galapagos. Despite operating in the Galapagos for a number of years, Bonita has recently been given a new lease of life with a full refurbishment and now represents one of the best value ways to discover Darwin's enchanted islands.
There are nine cabins, four of which are on the upper deck, two on the main deck and three on the lower deck. Cabins range from 9-11m2 and all have air-conditioning, private bathrooms and main and upper deck cabins have picture windows. Lower deck cabins have portholes and are setup as a triple, with a bunk bed. The layout of the boat means it is ideal for single travellers and families.
During your cruise you will be looked after by a highly trained crew of eight, plus your English speaking naturalist guide. Each day briefings take place in the lounge, where guests can enjoy a tea, coffee or refreshing juice, before spending the day off the boat on a variety of excursions, led by your naturalist guide. Activities include snorkelling, kayaking, zodiac rides and exploring the different landing sights within the archipelago.
When back on the boat, guests can enjoy a delicious buffet lunch prepared by the chef, featuring fresh salads and traditional Ecuadorian dishes, including ceviche. The large picture windows in Bonita's dining room mean guests can enjoy the beautiful views, whilst they refuel for the afternoon activities.
Between activities guests can relax in the lounge, visit the bridge or enjoy a drink on the boat's sun deck - you may be lucky and see a pod of dolphins swimming past!
Bonita, at a glance
- Owner operated ship
- Small intimate cruise, with capacity for only 16 passengers
- Variety of different cabins to choose from - excellent for families and single travellers
- Lounge, restaurant and bar
- Operating in the Galapagos for a number of years but was recently refurbished
- One of the most comfortable Superior Tourist class ships
- Kayaks, snorkelling equipment and zodiac excursions
- Spacious sun deck, complete with sun loungers
- Excellent value
Where will Bonita take you?
Bonita operates a six-night itinerary and two four-night itineraries, all of which start and end at Baltra.
- Six-night 'Western' itinerary, including Santa Cruz, Santiago, Isabela and Fernandina islands. Operates from Sunday to Saturday.
- Four-night 'Southern' itinerary, including Santa Cruz, Floreana, Española and San Cristobal islands. Operates from Saturday to Wednesday.
- Four-night 'Northern' itinerary, including Santa Cruz, Genovesa, Santiago, Bartolome and North Seymour islands. Operates from Wednesday to Sunday.