ILLA Experience Hotel couldn’t be better positioned at the heart of Quito’s historic centre, putting the city’s grandiose churches, ornate monasteries and lively markets at your feet.
Choose to stay at this historic boutique property on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Ecuador and you’ll be able to step out straight into Quito’s exquisitely preserved Old Town. The first city to be named a World Cultural Heritage Site, Quito is full of incredible colonial architecture which you’ll be able to explore at ease as a guest of ILLA Experience Hotel. The surrounding neighbourhood is a hub of artists, writers and musicians, and the hotel can arrange for you to visit their workshops and studios.
With only 10 rooms the hotel feels much more like a family home, with a traditional design reminiscent of the mansions of early 20th century Quito. The style of each floor of guestrooms represents a different epoch in the city’s past, from the colonial and Republican-era right up to the modern day. Inventive Ecuadorian flavours and farm-to-table cuisine are featured at the hotel’s award-winning restaurant partner Nuema.
ILLA Experience Hotel, at a glance
• Historic, beautifully restored hotel dating back to the 1700s
• Well located in the Old Town in the neighbourhood of San Marcos, a haven for writers, musicians and artists
• 10 lavishly decorated rooms and suites
• Artisan crafted furniture and hand-embroidered blankets
• Private bathrooms with luxurious L’Occitane amenities
• In-room amenities include 400-thread-count sheets, Wi-Fi and Smart 4K LCD televisions
• Views overlooking the lively Junín street or the famous Virgen del Panecillo landmark
• Nuema restaurant serving creative Ecuadorian dishes using traditional produce
• 35 minutes from the airport
For leisure and pleasure
• Watch local artisans at work
• Visit a nearby art studio
• Enjoy strolls down Junín street to admire its colonial architecture
• Five-minute walk from museums and Plaza Grande
• 15 minutes from the Basilica del Voto Nacional
• Private wine cellar