La Pinta is the perfect choice if you are looking to enjoy the beauty of the Galapagos Islands in comfort.
Named after one of the archipelago's islands, the 209-foot expedition yacht La Pinta has been built to extremely high standards. She combines the space and sophistication of a larger ship with the intimacy and personal service of a small vessel, providing discerning travellers the ultimate expedition adventure.
La Pinta carries 48 passengers in spacious deluxe outside-facing cabins, each with air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. All cabins are on the same deck and some cabins can be interconnected for the convenience of families. There are 20 ‘luxury’ cabins, which are 16.4m2 and 4 ‘luxury plus’ cabins, which are slightly larger at 23m2 and have the addition of a sitting area and sofa.
Facilities on board include a saloon/bar, well-stocked library, infirmary, shop, dining room, spacious deck areas and a balcony lookout area - an ideal spot for the captain's call of 'whale!'
Four naturalist guides lead daily activities, which vary from snorkelling, kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, zodiac and glass-bottom boat trips and island excursions.
La Pinta, at a glance
- Mid-size ship which gives it added stability
- Deluxe outside-facing cabins with air conditioning and private bathrooms
- Interconnecting cabins, which make it ideal for families
- Four naturalist guides on board which mean smaller expedition groups (around 1 guide per 12 guests)
- 84% of visitor sites are not shared with other boats
- On board medical officer and infirmary for guests
- Activities available include kayaking, stand-up paddle boarding, snorkelling and glass-bottom boat trips
- Huge range of facilities including a library, fitness room and sun deck with loungers and a Jacuzzi
- Wi-fi available in the boat’s social areas
- Lower environmental impact, including lower fuel consumption, water desalination and treatment systems and waste-recycling
Where will La Pinta take you?
La Pinta operates a six-night and two four-night itineraries, each starting and ending from Baltra. Dates allowing, there is also the possibility of combining the different itineraries, for a longer cruise of the islands.
- Six-night Western islands itinerary, including North Seymour, Isabela, Fernandina, Rabida, Santa Cruz and Floreana islands. Operates from Friday to Thursday.
- Four-night Eastern islands itinerary, including Santa Cruz, Santa Fe, San Cristobal and Española islands. Operates from Thursday to Monday.
- Four-night Northern islands itinerary, including Santa Cruz, Bartolome, Santiago and Genovesa islands. Operates from Monday to Friday.