All too often the creatures of the rainforest canopy remain a mystery – you hear them but catch only a fleeting glimpse of them. Not at Atta Rainforest Lodge.
The speed at which monkeys fly through the canopy of the Iwokrama Rainforest is mind-boggling. And there’s no better place to stand and watch them than 30 metres above the ground on the Iwokrama Canopy Walkway. You may be out of your natural environment in the treetops, but the wildlife is completely at home – giving you an unrivalled demonstration of grace and acrobatic skill. It’s an experience that will be one of the highlights of your tailor-made holiday to Guyana.
As well as its setting at the bottom of the Canopy Walkway, the Atta Rainforest Lodge offers other delights. It’s the perfect place for viewing any number bird species, rare bullet wood trees, greenheart and the endemic waramadan - and even endangered creatures like the jaguar.
Atta Rainforest Lodge, at a glance
- Rainforest lodge standing at the base of the amazing Iwokrama Canopy Walkway in the heart of the Iwokrama Rainforest
- About an hour from Surama Village
- Choice of eight well-appointed guest rooms
- Private, open-to-the-sky showers
- Amerindian staff providing a warm welcome and excellent service
- Dining room serving local specialities including dishes created using free range produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Iwokrama Canopy Walkway stretching 154 metres through the rainforest canopy
- The only walkway in the Guiana Shield
- Dawn, evening and night walks in the canopy with walkway specialists
- Rainforest excursions with expert guides
- Canoeing expeditions, 4x4 safaris and rainforest trekking
- Informal, just-pop-in, Guyanese cooking demonstrations in the lodge kitchen
- Canopy visits tailored to suit your preferences