The gardens merge seamlessly into ancient, pre-Inca terraces. The spa has four pools fed by natural thermal springs. The river and the mighty Colca Canyon are at your feet.
It makes you feel slightly apprehensive. Soaring effortlessly above you - its massive, broad-fingered wings supported by invisible thermals – is a condor; the world’s largest predatory bird. And it has you in its gaze.
You turn your eyes downwards – the Colca Valley is spread out beneath you. The planet’s deepest canyon plunges towards the bowels of the Earth. Vicunas – mere dots in the distance – graze on the slopes opposite. The world’s highest chain of active volcanoes march along the horizon. This is an extraordinary place.
Even your hotel is unique – its architecture is inspired by the pre-Inca period. It has natural hot springs bubbling into four thermal pools and its gardens are part of the ancient tiered fields. A wonderful stop-over on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Peru.
Colca Lodge, at a glance
- Remote, pre-Inca inspired hotel set in on the banks of the River Colca, in one of Southern Peru’s most spectacular landscapes
- Four hours from Arequipa with sightseeing en route
- Choice of 45 rooms, including suites and triple or quadruple family rooms
- Exceptional views of the valley, gardens and hotel patios
- Many rooms heated by geothermal energy and radiating stones
- Adobe walls and thatched roofs
- Relaxing terraces with far-reaching views
- Simple, elegant décor and en suite bathrooms
- Fine food with speciality dishes cooked over charcoal, beside the river
For leisure and pleasure
- Four thermal pools fed by natural, lithium-rich hot springs
- Spa Eco Thermal offering thermal-based treatments, massages, beauty and pampering
- Hiking to nearby pre-Inca ruins
- Tours of the 13 colonial churches in the surrounding villages
- Meet Collahuas and Cabanas people – members of Peru’s purest and oldest surviving ethnic groups
- Mix with local people wearing their traditional embroidered dresses and flamboyant hats
- Visit local alpaca farms