El MaPi is a contemporary hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes, the base for exploring the legendary Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu.
Aguas Calientes is the starting point for shuttle buses to Machu Picchu and the hotel has an excellent position, only a couple of steps from the town centre and also the museum. El Mapi has been designed to have a relaxed and welcoming feel to it, which is helped by the open lobby, high ceilings and natural light which flows through the hotel.
There are 122 superior deluxe rooms (20m2) and 8 suites (30m2). All the rooms have a clean and modern feel to them and feature large windows as well as Peruvian cotton sheets and natural herbal amenities.
La Cafetería is the hotel’s restaurant and features organic and nutritious food from the hotel’s orchard. A buffet breakfast, featuring homemade jams and local fruits is available here, as well as lunch and dinner. After a day visiting Machu Picchu, guests can relax with a pisco sour and plate of tapas in ‘el bar’ – an informal spot and famous for its happy hour!
For those hiking to Machu Picchu, you will want to head to the spa, which is on the top floor of the hotel. There are four private treatment rooms, a pine sauna, hydro massage showers, heated plunge pool and hydration zone. It’s the perfect place to sooth those aching muscles after walking the Inca Trail.
El MaPi, at a glance
- Modern and vibrant hotel in the town of Aguas Calientes
- 130 bright and modern rooms
- La Cafetería restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Lively atmosphere each evening in 'el bar'
- Spa with plunge pool and treatment rooms
- Excellent value option in Aguas Calientes
For leisure and please
- Spend the day visiting the Lost City of the Inca, Machu Picchu
- Climb to the top of Huayna Picchu, the mountain overlooking Machu Picchu
- Walk to the Sun Gate, for wonderful views of the Inca Citadel and surrounding mountains
- Explore the ancient Inca Bridge (a far less visited attraction in the Machu Picchu sanctuary)
- Explore the market stalls of Aguas Calientes