So whether you’re standing on the balcony of your room, with a soft warm breeze on your face, drinking in the panoramic view; or whether you’re dining regally on grilled tenderloin with chimichurri and sweet potatoes…you can be sure that it will be an experience to savour.
If you stay at Charco on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Uruguay, you will find yourself enveloped in an atmosphere of warmth and exclusivity. Your colonial-inspired suite will be white, offset by the natural colours of wood flooring, stone walls and rich textiles. You will have magnificent views over the river. You will dine in a stylish bistro with an acclaimed reputation and, by the end of your stay, you’ll find that you’re totally relaxed and enjoying every moment.
Charco, at a glance
- Exclusive boutique hotel in the heart of Colonia’s historic centre
- Choice of junior, senior and balcony rooms and suites, or Rancho, a Uruguayan style hut
- Glorious views over the river
- Chic white décor throughout, complimenting natural stone walls, wood furnishings and rich textiles
- En suite bathrooms
- Suites typically have separate sitting areas and access to the courtyard garden
- Acclaimed bistro serving a range of specialities using locally-sourced produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Standing beside the picturesque river, in the heart of old Colonia
- Just a few minutes from Faro de Colonia del Sacramento and Galeria de los Suspiros
- Easy access to Basilica del Santisimo Sacramento and the grand Avida Gral Flores
- Perfect base for sightseeing and exploring the historic sites, happening restaurants, cafés and nightlife of Colonia
- Picnics in the orchard