Here you can become a ranch hand. But no wild west cowboy ever stayed in such comfort, ate as well, or enjoyed such beautiful countryside.
If you love horses and the great outdoors, you will be in your element at El Charabon. This is a working cattle ranch and sheep farm, surrounded by green plains and eucalyptus forests, rolling meadows and the impressive hills of Rocha. There’s even a beach within riding distance. So if you’ve always wanted to gallop a horse through the shallows, the spray swirling at your feet….
El Charabon fulfils other dreams too. Of tasting life on a working ranch, of helping the hands with cattle and sheep, of walking through divinely-scented forests, of experiencing fine dining in an elegant estancia-style dining room. Of relaxing and immersing yourself in a unique experience.
Estancia El Charabon, at a glance
- 950 hectare cattle and sheep ranch surrounded by superb countryside
- 225 km from Montevideo and 80 km from Punta del Este
- Close to the Atlantic coast
- Choice of four standard and five superior suites
- Air conditioning, living rooms, sommiers and traditional/modern décor
- Fine dining room and barbecue
For leisure and pleasure
- Swimming pool
- Cattle ranching including rodeo, branding, and milking
- Sheep farming experience
- Horse riding through countryside, forests and coast
- Great bird watching
- Options include historic tours to Fortaleza de Santa Teresa, Fortin de San Miguel and Isla de los Ombues
- Visits to seaside resorts
- Flights from local landing strip