You stand poised on the edge of an infinity pool. Beneath you is Playa Mansa. Before you, stretching to the horizon, is the Southern Atlantic.
You are experiencing one of the Playa Vik moments that will make you hold your breath. Another will be when you arrive at this astonishing property on what is often described as the most desirable spots on the entire Uruguayan coastline. Certainly the views over the ocean and the ‘Gentle Beach’ will leave you breathless. As will the architecture of the central ‘Sculpture’ building.
Then there is the beach itself with its fine white sand, energetic surf and casual wooden restaurants serving the most delicious fresh fish imaginable. Or the charming village of Faro José Ignacio. Or the horse riding across sandy beaches and rolling countryside. Or canoeing round a sandbar into a flock of vivid pink flamingos…Playa Vik will definitely take your breath away.
Playa Vik, José Ignacio, at a glance
- Just 12 miles from Punta del Este
- Astonishing central ‘Sculpture’ building of titanium and curved glass
- Six casas with garden roofs, arranged in an L shape
- Choice of three bedroom casas (including two master suites), or double suite casas
- Private gardens and art-filled interiors
- Hand painted floors and ebony macassar ceilings
- Fabulous sea views from opening, floor-to-ceiling windows
- Open pavilion with sundecks and a brasero (fire pit) overlooking the ocean
- Extensive wine cellar
For leisure and pleasure
- Infinity edge pool
- Garden with barbecue terrace
- Gym, spa and games room
- Star gazing and sunset watching from the fire pit or Parillero terrace
- Boho-chic beach experience
- Beach and water sports
- Party till dawn
- Concerts by top South American singers