Welcome to a castaway town. Feel the sand between your toes, the sound of the sea in your ears and forest fragrances in your nose.
You step outside your timber cabana, or step down from your luxury tent – atop a stilted platform – and you are surrounded by unspoiled nature. A beach setting that isn’t compromised by high rise hotels, or roads, or man-made gardens.
Pueblo Barrancas is a tiny town with a difference. It doesn’t stand aloof from the surrounding countryside; it’s a natural part of its own environment, and it invites you to relax in a setting that has been created in harmony with its landscape. Climb the forested hillside and you’ll experience a beautiful view over the beach and sea, broken only by the tops of thatched roofs peeping trough the forest canopy. This is luxury tourism at its most responsible.
Pueblo Barrancas, at a glance
- Unspoiled, natural beach setting on a rugged, forested hillside
- Just over 220 km from Montevideo
- Choice of tents for two or four people, standing on private raised decks
- Stylish thatched cabanas built from natural materials, accommodating two to three people
- Romantic, tented beds, en suite bathrooms, hammocks and fans
- Cuisine based on fine local ingredients, including fresh fish, grilled meats and vegetables, ceviches and tiraditos
- Beach and Pueblo bars
For leisure and pleasure
- Unrivalled beaches with acres of space and privacy
- Fantastic surfing and high-adrenaline kite surfing
- Whale watching close to the shore
- Superb bird watching at the nearby Observatory, including black-necked swans and chajas
- Explore the nature of Rocha with its mountain ranges, streams, valleys, coastline and castaway beaches
- World famous sunsets at Punta del Diablo