You arrive by boat, at one of the major highlights of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Borneo. Gaya Island Resort is a balance of nature, and contemporary elegance.
Who said eco-tourists couldn’t experience the ultimate in luxury? Who said you couldn’t immerse yourself in the wonders of nature, whilst helping to preserve it for future generations of visitors?
Pulau Gaya is a heavenly island, cast like a lost jewel into the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, off the coast of Kota Kinabalu. It has stunning, untrodden beaches and crystal waters, protected by glorious coral reefs. It has perfectly preserved mangroves over thousands of years old and hillsides covered with dense, unspoiled rainforest. And it has no motor vehicles, so you can explore on foot with nothing to disturb your tranquillity.
Gaya Island Resort fits the eco-idyll perfectly. Designed to respect Sabahan elements, it blends seamlessly into the environment, using materials that reflect the nature of Borneo.
Gaya Island Resort, at a glance
- Luxury beachside resort on stunning Malohom Bay
- Choice of 120 villas and a two bedroom suite designed on Sabahan principles using local materials
- Villas have spacious bedrooms, large bathrooms and private terraces with either mangrove or sweeping sea views
- Suite has two bedrooms with en suites, two levels, lounge area, balconies and a fabulous hillside setting
- Two superb fusion restaurants plus pool bar and lounge
For leisure and pleasure
- Splendid beachfront swimming pool and sun deck
- Serene spa set amongst ancient mangroves
- Private dining/gourmet picnic beach reached by boat
- Explore miles of undisturbed natural rainforest
- Snorkelling and diving on the coral reef
- Outstanding bird watching for over 620 species
- Cultural visits and local craft experiences
- Culinary, handicraft and art classes