A luxury resort on a ‘heavenly’ island, the Gaya Island Resort seamlessly blends eco-tourism with ultimate luxury.
Pulau Gaya is a heavenly island, cast like a lost jewel into the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park, off the coast of Kota Kinabalu. It has stunning, untrodden beaches and crystal waters, protected by glorious coral reefs. It has perfectly preserved mangroves over thousands of years old and hillsides covered with dense, unspoiled rainforest. And it has no motor vehicles, so you can explore on foot with nothing to disturb your tranquillity.
Gaya Island Resort fits the eco-idyll perfectly. Designed to respect Sabahan elements, it blends seamlessly into the environment, using materials that reflect the nature of Borneo.
Gaya Island Resort, at a glance
- Luxury beachside resort on stunning Malohom Bay
- Choice of 120 villas and a two bedroom suite designed on Sabahan principles using local materials
- Villas have spacious bedrooms, large bathrooms and private terraces with either mangrove or sweeping sea views
- Suite has two bedrooms with en suites, two levels, lounge area, balconies and a fabulous hillside setting
- Three superb fusion restaurants plus pool bar and lounge, as well as a secret cove hideaway perfect for romantic exclusive meals, reached by speedboat from the main resort
For leisure and pleasure
- Splendid beachfront swimming pool and sun deck
- Serene spa set amongst ancient mangroves
- Private dining/gourmet picnic beach reached by boat
- Explore miles of undisturbed natural rainforest
- Snorkelling and diving on the coral reef
- Guided nature walks
- Marine centre where you can observe a the turtle project
- Outstanding bird watching for over 620 species
- Cultural visits and local craft experiences
- Culinary, handicraft and art classes