Walk along the main street in Ubud and you’ll pass ancient temples, market pavilions and timeless architecture. Stroll into the Amandari and the Balinese tradition continues.
The Amandari follows the architecture and design of a traditional Balinese village, so it is completely at home in the centre of Bali’s most spiritual town. But it is more than just inspired by centuries of tradition – today’s local artisans have hand carved the intricate stone walls of the entrance pavilion. Explore further and you'll find yourself wandering along andesite walkways and past decorative shrines. When you reach your suite the atmosphere of traditional Bali continues. A stone gateway ushers you into a room with a thatched roof and glass doors that open on three sides to a tranquil, green garden courtyard, surrounded by a para stone wall giving you complete privacy and peace.
To absorb the serenity of Bali, choose the Amandari for your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Indonesia.
Amandari, at a glance
- Extraordinary, tranquil hotel close to Bali’s most spiritual town
- Choice of ultimately luxurious suites and villas
- The suites are individually designed to reflect the traditional serenity of Balinese life – featuring private courtyard gardens, or swimming pools, or panoramic views over the Ayung River Valley, or outdoor sunken marble baths
- The Amandari villa has three bedrooms, graceful lounge and a two-tiered infinity edge pool overlooking a beautiful forest
- Open air restaurant serving local cuisine and featuring Gamelan performances
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa set along a winding pebble path beside a lotus pool
- Holistic treatments plus two open air bales, beauty room, sauna and marble steam room
- Climb the 129 stone steps leading to a 7th century stone tiger presented to the village by a Hindu priest
- Excursions to view the arts and crafts of Ubud
- Trekking through the surrounding rice terraces
- Expeditions with a local guide to the see the wildlife and birds of the jungle