A luxurious castaway location, Hotel Tugu is surrounded by miles of white Indonesian sand and sea.
You’re strolling, at the water’s edge, along what seems like miles of white sand. There is not a cloud in the sky and the sea is a flawless topaz. Behind you is a mature palm plantation and green fields, where local life continues in a way that has changed little over time.
Despite its modern luxuries, and a fine golf course nearby, Hotel Tugu continues the traditions and culture of Lombok in its styling and furnishings. Your room, for example, and the hotel itself are decorated with original and beautiful artworks and antiques that reflect the region’s rich cultural heritage. And that’s something that also survives in the natural warmth of the welcome you’ll receive if you stay at Hotel Tugu.
Hotel Tugu, at a glance
- Superb, beach-front resort set in six acres of palm plantations
- Choice of garden villas, suites and Lombok bungalows
- Pui Dadap Merah villa has temple-style architecture, petal-shaped plunge pool, private spa and romantic rooftop
- Bhagavat Gita suites, in the colonial main building, have private lotus pools, plunge pools and bathing areas
- Lombok bungalows echo the style of local village houses
- Dining options include beautiful beachside restaurants and romantic temple settings
For leisure and pleasure
- Fabulous beach with white sand
- Trekking in the rain forest and to Mount Rinjani
- Legendary surfing, diving and snorkelling
- Tours of the old city and local villages
- Classes in cookery, drumming, dancing, herbal drinks, pearl cultivation
- Fishing and picnics
- Excellent golf course with views of Mount Rinjani
- Bicycle and horse-drawn carriage tours