Offering a smaller, slightly more personalised stay than the typical KL hotel, Villa Samadhi is located in a quiet part of town within easy reach of the city’s famous shopping and nightlife.
Located in the upscale, leafy embassy district, Villa Samadhi is far enough from the general hustle and bustle to ensure a peaceful stay, but close enough that the major attractions are just a short drive away. Distinctly Malaysian in design, the property makes the most of colourful Asian fabrics and raw, natural materials (wood, black cement, stone and bamboo sustainably sourced from indigenous tribes) for a ‘rustic-luxe’ feel.
Each of its 21 teak-lined villas and suites is its own private haven complete with oversized bathtubs, sumptuous beds, rain showers and the latest in modern amenities. For direct access to the lagoon-style pool with its shaded cabanas, opt for one of the ground-floor rooms. The top-floor Loft, meanwhile, has a plunge pool with views towards the Petronas Twin Towers. On the edge of the pool lies the all-day dining room where a mix of western and local cuisine is served from fresh, seasonal produce.
Villa Samadhi, at a glance
• Small, adults-only boutique retreat offering high-quality accommodation in KL
• Located in an upscale neighbourhood close to the popular shopping and nightlife districts
• 21 individually styled villas and suites offering between 600 to 2,000 square feet of living space
• Soothing decor featuring colourful Southeast Asian fabrics, salvaged timber floors, antiques and handcrafted wood and bamboo features
• Most rooms come with private heated plunge pools
• Intimate restaurant offering a mix of Malay and western dishes
For leisure and pleasure
• Relax by the freeform lagoon-style swimming pool
• Rooftop bar offering fabulous city views
• Just a short walk/drive from the city’s top shopping and entertainment districts
• A 30-minute walk from the iconic Petronas Towers
• Small spa offering massages and reflexology treatments
• Set out on a guided heritage food tour taking in the city’s famous street food
• Interact with rescued elephants at the Kuala Gandah Elephant Sanctuary