Even your arrival has the trappings of a mythical, mystical event. You sail gently along the majestic Chao Phraya River, your long-tail boat bearing you closer to the Shangri-la.
Make this hotel part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Bangkok and you’ll be surrounded by Thai-style luxury. Which means high ceilings adorned with glittering chandeliers, spacious balconies, gorgeous silks, teak furnishings and traditional interior design suffused with modern elegance.
And then there is the spa. Part of the Shangri-la experience, it’s waiting to indulge you with an irresistible range of restorative and pampering treatments. A deeply relaxing session is the perfect antidote to a day in the city, and excellent preparation for an evening of fine dining in the hotel’s Teak Pavilion, complete with graceful Thai dancers.
Shangri-la, at a glance
- Luxury, riverside hotel, with easy access to central Bangkok
- Huge choice of 802 spacious guest rooms and opulent suites arranged in two soaring wings
- All with décor inspired by classic Thai style, including teak and silk furnishings
- Designer en suites and world class amenities
- Spectacular river or city views
- Exclusive Krungthep Wing has garden balconies overlooking a private pool and the river
- Selection of restaurants serving wonderful Thai, Asian, Mediterranean and international cuisine
For leisure and pleasure
- Riverside outdoor swimming pool
- Award-winning spa – one of the largest in Bangkok – with treatments inspired by the ancient healing traditions of Asia
- Fully equipped fitness centre and health club
- Tennis courts
- River cruising and dining
- Easy access to Bangkok’s Grand Palace, temples with Buddhist statues, street markets, boutiques and gleaming shopping malls, extraordinary bars and upmarket restaurants