Built on a picturesque islet in the Hau River, a tributary of the Mekong, the traditionally designed Azerai Can Tho exists in harmony with its natural surroundings.
Surrounded by mangroves, waterways and tropical gardens, this luxury boutique resort provides a serene base from which to immerse yourself in the delights of the Mekong Delta. Across the river lies the animated waterside city of Can Tho where you’ll find gilded temples and mouth-watering street food. Don’t miss an early morning boat ride to see the local fisherman and farmers trading their goods at the famous floating markets.
After a hard days sightseeing, return to Azerai and its elegant spa where treatments are infused with local Mekong rice and sweet almond oil. As well as a Pilates studio, expansive pool and tennis court, the hotel has its own yoga and meditation pavilion providing guests with a peaceful sanctuary in which to unwind.
Guests are accommodated in 60 rooms, with views that range between the gardens, Hau River and lotus-filled lake. Decor is light and elegant, with the use of traditional materials such as bamboo, rattan and local hardwood throughout. Set under a canopy of banyan trees, the main restaurant specialises in deliciously grilled meat and seafood, whilst the cafe is the perfect place to enjoy breakfast with its lovely lake views.
Azerai Can Tho, at a glance
- Luxury boutique retreat set on a private eight-acre islet in the Hau River
- Panoramic vistas across the river, lake and surrounding gardens
- Located within easy reach of the city of Can Tho
- 60 guestrooms with high ceilings, spacious showers and outdoor terraces
- Dine on perfectly grilled meat and fish, classic bistro dishes and Vietnamese specialities at the restaurant
- The cafe, located next to the swimming pool, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner
- All-day lounge and bar offering drinks and light bites throughout the day
- A 30-minute drive from Can Tho Airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Walking tours to discover the temples and street food markets of Can Tho
- Half and full-day river cruises along the small canals in the surrounding countryside
- Ride bikes to nearby plantations, farms and rice noodle factories
- Long rectangular swimming pool framed by shady loungers and day beds
- Enjoy a sweet and savoury afternoon tea in the lounge
- The Spa, shaded by banyan trees, offers a wide range of treatments including deep tissue massages, body scrubs and hot stone therapy
- Large and well-equipped gym with floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the river
- Tennis court, Pilates studio, yoga and meditation pavilion
- Junior Zone filled with arts and crafts, books, games and educational films
- Browse hand-made Vietnamese lacquerware, ceramics and silk items in the hotel’s boutique