Those seeking a remote escape will be delighted with the SpiceTree, a tranquil mountainside retreat nestled in the Western Ghats with breathtaking views of the valley, forests and tea plantations below.
Accommodation consists of 14 suites and two individual pool villas, the latter of which are designed especially for those seeking a little extra luxury and living space. All rooms, however, enjoy warm interiors with writing tables and plush beds, in addition to awe-inspiring views across the valley and mountains. Reason enough to include the SpiceTree in your luxury, tailor-made holiday to India.
Whilst the focus here is relaxing amidst the beautiful surroundings, guests are also encouraged to get to know the local area by enjoying village tours, photography expeditions, plantation walks and treks to nearby dolmans. Back at the hotel you’ll find a myriad of ways to unwind, from taking a dip in the solar-heated pool to indulging in therapeutic treatments at the spa. Cooking classes, meditation sessions and tea tastings also feature on the wide range of activities.
SpiceTree, at a glance
- Luxury boutique mountain retreat 23 km from Munnar in the Western Ghats
- Blend of traditional and modern architecture
- Choice of 14 suites and two individual pool villas
- Pool villas are more spacious and come with a private pool, living and dining area
- Multi-cuisine restaurant featuring Indian flavours and Keralan delicacies
- Coffee shop and bakery
- Promotes responsible tourism
For leisure and pleasure
- Rejuvenation sessions at the spa, where treatments are inspired by centuries old natural herbal therapies
- Yoga and meditation
- Tea tasting and ethnic cooking classes
- Plantation walks and trekking in the surrounding area
- Solar-heated outdoor swimming pool
- Cosy library and book bar
- Nature and photography expeditions
- Tea and cardamom field visits
- Cultural experiences including local house visits