A sophisticated boutique hotel with a fabulous central location, the recently opened Glenburn Penthouse enjoys 360-degree views from its position at the top of a shiny new office building.
One of the city’s finest boutique offerings, The Glenburn Penthouse oozes style and grace. A tranquil space away from the bustling streets, the hotel has an understated yet sophisticated style complemented by traditional colonial décor, antiques and artwork. Each of the nine suites are light-filled and wonderfully spacious, boasting grand four-poster beds, original furniture and large marble bathrooms.
After a day of sightseeing you can retreat to the serene rooftop terrace where you can take a dip in the infinity pool and drink in the far-reaching views that surround you. A soothing treatment at the spa is another great way to relax, whilst a visit to the graceful dining room will present you with an array of delicious meals that are inspired by colonial, Bengali and Anglo-Indian cuisine as well as the city’s street food.
The Glenburn Penthouse, at a glance
- Discreet, elegant residence situated at the heart of historic Calcutta
- Occupying the top floors of a sleek new office building with 360-degree views of the city and its landmarks
- Just nine spacious suites in total with four-poster beds, desks, wooden floors, handmade carpets and luxurious cotton sheets
- Elegant pale yellow and white walls, marble-floored bathrooms with bathtubs and walk-in showers
- Two suites have a private balcony and two more an outdoor terrace and veranda
- Beautiful dining and drawing rooms with wallpaper depicting scenes of rural India
- Meals prepared with fresh local ingredients
For leisure and pleasure
- Short walk from the city’s top attractions and shopping areas
- Covered rooftop terrace with infinity pool overlooking the Victoria Memorial
- Sundeck with cane furniture and sun loungers
- Library opening onto a pretty covered courtyard
- Historical and cultural walks and tours discovering the city’s hidden gems
- Small spa with two treatment rooms
- High tea served daily