Trou aux Biches is one of the best bases for scuba diving and snorkelling in creature-rich waters. And life above the surface is pretty amazing too.
Trou aux Biches is one of the most romantic spots on the island of Mauritius. It is also one of the best dive bases on the entire north coast – take the plunge and you’ll find yourself in crystal waters surrounded by a multitude of bizarrely-shaped and rainbow-coloured sea creatures. Snorkel across the surface, or even take a trip in a glass-bottomed boat, and the undersea world will be revealed.
But life beneath the sea isn’t the only reason for choosing Trou aux Biches on your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Mauritius. The hotel itself is a high point of style and beachside luxury. Its villas have their own pools. The beach is flawless and lined with whispering palm trees. The food is impeccable, the spa irresistible, the amenities world class.
Trou aux Biches, at a glance
- Romantic luxury hotel beside a turquoise lagoon on the island’s prized north west coast
- Surrounded by 35 hectares of extravagant tropical gardens
- Choice of lavish suites in bungalows or 27 private villas hidden away in the gardens
- Beachfront suites and villas have private plunge pools
- Other suites are arranged in crescents around their own swimming pools
- Villas have two or three bedrooms
- Picture postcard views of the beach and fabulous sunsets
- No less than six excellent restaurants bringing you a menu of culinary styles and tastes from around the world
For leisure and pleasure
- Infinity edge swimming pool and glorious sun decks
- Extensive, 20-cabin spa by Clarins, offering a range of well-being and beauty treatments
- Sports centre with hammam
- Full CMAS/PADI dive centre and snorkelling
- Water skiing, sailing, paddle boarding, wind surfing, kayaks, Hobie cats and glass bottomed boating
- Six floodlit tennis courts, mountain biking, bocciball and beach volleyball
- Kids’ club with qualified staff