Enveloped in tropical vegetation, surrounded by stunning soft white beaches and turquoise waters and offering excellent accommodation, Denis, a privately owned coral island, is ideal for discerning travellers.
Sustainability is at the heart of this stunning, privately owned coral island nestled in the Indian Ocean. Staying here, you can be assured that you are not only experiencing the most exotic of paradise settings, but you are helping to keep it that way for future visitors.
The island’s estate uses organic methods to meet the needs of the island’s guests and inhabitants- rearing poultry for meat and eggs, cattle for milk, vegetables, fruits and herbs grown in soil fertilized by sea grass; and fish caught in our fertile waters. The natural oils extracted from the island’s coconut trees are used in the massage and wellness centre and the traditional furniture is fashioned at the island’s workshop from the timber of fallen trees in the island’s forests.
Denis Island, at a glance
- 25 air-conditioned cottages with luxury en-suite bathrooms are scattered along the beach
- Shower under the stars in your own private courtyard
- Various dining experiences include a fabulous array of freshly caught seafood, marinated meats, exotic salads and fresh vegetables from the island’s own farm offer a fusion of tastes enhanced by local herbs and spices.
- Choose to private dine where you wish - in your room or on the beach under the stars
- Stay in a beach villa, family villa, beach front spa cottage, beach cottage or deluxe beach cottage
- A library equipped with books, snooker table and chess board
Denis Island, for leisure and pleasure
- All within easy reach are a small village, a lighthouse built in 1910, a disused copra mill and the St Denis chapel
- Dive centre and canoe hire
- Try some game fishing - Dogtooth Tuna, Bonita, Marlin, Sail fish, Dorado, Barracuda and Wahoo are all regularly caught here
- Tennis and volleyball courts available
- Practice your golf shots on the private airstrip