Escape hectic city life at The Inn by Mallard Cottage, a peaceful place where you can enjoy hiking, biking and fishing in and around the quaint village of Quidi Vidi, St John’s.
Set in rugged cliffs, The Inn has a tranquil harbour-side location within walking distance of St John’s downtown. The property itself is one of the oldest wooden buildings in North America and a designated National Historic Site of Canada. In 2011 it was lovingly restored and converted, and today provides a wonderful base from which to experience the delights of the region.
The cottage consists of two houses, each of which has four simply yet comfortably furnished suites, with a design and aesthetic inspired by the beauty of rural Newfoundland. King Suites are situated on the first floor, whilst Executive King Suites have tall vaulted ceilings and can be found on the second floor. The Inn sits next door to its sister property, the acclaimed Mallard Cottage Restaurant, a popular dining spot for both visitors and locals alike.
The Inn by Mallard Cottage, at a glance
- 18th century cottage in St John’s, one of the oldest cities in North America and the capital of Newfoundland and Labrador
- A National Historic Site of Canada
- Eight suites in total divided equally between two guest houses
- Each suite features a king-sized bed, en-suite bathroom, high quality linens, radios, Wi-Fi and 435 square feet of living space
- Next door is the Mallard Cottage Restaurant, serving locally sourced and seasonal meals
- Just 10 minutes from downtown St John’s and 20 minutes from the international airport
For leisure and pleasure
- Coffee and tea, with baked goods from the Mallard Cottage Restaurant, delivered to your door daily
- Explore the characterful winding streets around the harbour
- Visit the Quidi Vidi Brewery – the largest micro-brewery in the province
- Follow excellent biking and hiking trails, including the stunning and extensive East Coast Trail
- Enjoy the excellent fishing opportunities
- Berry picking and foraging around the Inn