A luxury country estate nestled amongst 16 acres of sprawling gardens, this is the ultimate spot to indulge in the pleasures of the famous Marlborough wine region.
Located at the tip of New Zealand’s South Island, Marlborough is a place best known for its food, wines, culture, sunshine and scenery. The Marlborough Lodges sits amongst it all and offers ten stylish suites, each fitted with private ensuites and a balcony where you’ll have access to unforgettable scenic views.
Originally built in 1901 as a Victorian Convent, today this tucked-away property is the perfect retreat from the bustle of city life. Your days at the lodge can be spent cycling around lush parklands, sipping on fine wines and relaxing in the comfort of your suite overlooking the manicured lawns. Or you may want to take a dip in the heated outdoor pool, explore the on-site vineyard or go for a game of tennis at the Rapaura Tennis Club which is conveniently located just next door.
Dining at the lodge is a showcase of Marlborough’s gastronomic delights. The dedicated in-house chefs produce fresh, seasonal and mouth-watering meals, complemented by a superb selection of Marlborough, New Zealand and international wines.
The Marlborough Lodge, at a glance
- A luxury hotel set within a 16-acre estate
- Ten contemporary suites spread over two floors
- En-suite bathrooms and balconies
- Gardens, parks and vineyards leading down to a lake frequented by numerous birds
- Private dining room• Outdoor fireplace
- Meals prepared using fresh, local produce
For leisure and pleasure
- Wine tours in surrounding region, or a wine blending/mastery course
- Explore the tranquil waterways of the Marlborough Sounds on a luxury seafood cruise
- Explore Marlborough and the top of the South Island with a range of helicopter experiences
- Visit Maori cultural sites, heritage museums and eco sites
- Gardens and nature walks
- Heated outdoor pool
- Six grass courts at Rapaura Tennis Club next door