Located 13km downriver from the famous Tiger Tops Jungle Lodge, the Tharu Lodge was inspired by the lifestyle and rich culture of the indigenous Tharu people.
Situated on the boundary of Chitwan National Park, Tiger Tops Tharu Lodge offers its guests an experience that combines exciting jungle safaris with rich cultural encounters. The lodge itself is constructed in the traditional style of the Tharu with two longhouses built from local materials. The double rooms are simply but comfortably furnished with ensuite bathrooms and solar-heated showers. Both Nepali and Western cuisine is served and the fully-stocked bar stays open until the last person goes to bed.
Stay here during your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Nepal and you’ll be able to spend each day enjoying a variety of nature activities. Naturalist guides lead bird watching tours, jungle walks through the national park and picturesque boat rides down the Narayani River – look out for the endangered gharial amongst others. Don’t miss out on ox-cart rides and walks into nearby villages for a chance to meet the locals and get a deeper insight into rural Nepali life.
Tiger Tops Tharu Lodge, at a glance
- Tranquil wilderness lodge with a lush jungle setting on the outskirts of a traditional rural Tharu village
- Situated next to the buffer area of Chitwan National Park, a rich wilderness home to rhinoceros, wild boar, deer, crocodiles, monkeys, leopards and the magnificent Bengal tiger
- The straw-bale structure of the property echoes that of a traditional Tharu longhouse
- Comfortable ensuite guestrooms overlook the picturesque Terai landscapes
- Superb organic food – both continental and local Nepali – prepared with ingredients plucked from the organic garden
- Dine alfresco under the shade of mango trees
- Attentive and warm service
For leisure and pleasure
- Take a refreshing dip in the garden-side swimming pool
- Explore surrounding villages either on foot or by bullock cart
- Enjoy a visit to the lodge-sponsored Tiger Tops Swiss Air Primary School
- Interactive and immersive activities with the lodges elephant safaris
- Bird watching tours with the lodge’s expert naturalists
- Boating safaris down the Narayani River
- Jungle walks through the national park
- Play a game of tennis or simply relax in a hammock