Steps from Lady Bird Lake, the Austin Proper Hotel offers incredible dining and a stunning pool deck in a prime downtown location.
Taking its design cues from local arts and artisans, the hotel’s 244 guestrooms and suites combine distressed hardwoods and patchwork rugs with plush beds, generously sized bathrooms and thoughtful, state-of-the-art connectivity. Beyond your room, the hotel’s dazzling range of facilities include a 2,000-square-foot fitness centre and a stunning spa where you can treat yourself to a world-class wellness experience.
With a prime location in Downtown Austin, the Austin Proper is an excellent base from which to explore all the city has to offer, from its 19th-century architectural landmarks and modern museums to its high-energy bars and celebrated music venues. Don’t forget to borrow an electric bike from the hotel to enjoy a lakeside trail ride, before heading up to the rooftop pool deck to cool off. When it comes to dining, you’ll be spoilt for choice of poolside suppers, garden cocktails overlooking Shoal Creek, Mediterranean grab-and-go and a full spread at the signature restaurant, The Peacock.
Austin Proper Hotel, at a glance
- Luxury boutique hotel in the middle of Downtown Austin’s Second Street District
- Steps from Lady Bird Lake, Zilker Park and the UT campus
- 244 rooms and suites with large windows and spacious bathrooms
- Interiors by renowned designer Kelly Wearstler, with inspiration drawn from the city’s arts and artisans
- Four creative, modern dining concepts, including signature The Peacock restaurant and the intimate cocktail lounge, Goldie’s Sunken Bar
For leisure and pleasure
- 2,000-square foot fitness centre with a yoga studio
- Wellness spa with five treatment rooms
- Rooftop pool deck with stunning lake views and a small-batch tequila bar
- Minutes from the hike-and-bike trail of Lady Bird Lake
- Peloton electric bikes are freely available for guests