Owned and operated by legendary safari guide Stretch Ferreira, whose experience in the area spans some 40 years, this classic camp sits perfectly poised on the banks of the Zambezi River.
The chance to walk through the wilds of Mana Pools with one of Africa’s top guides, whose close relationship with the park’s wildlife is well known, is a unique and unforgettable experience. Led by Stretch, guests have the opportunity to enjoy close encounters with the park’s elephant bulls, wild dogs and lions on foot, as well as more leisurely afternoon game drives and canoeing safaris. Ending each day with classic sundowners on the river’s edge.
The camp itself is simple but comfortable, designed and decorated in traditional East African style. The seven canvas tents sit harmoniously amidst their surroundings whilst offering all the necessary comforts - plush mattresses, high-quality linens and hot outdoor showers. Delicious three course meals, featuring plenty of produce from the organic garden, are served alongside a stunning view over the Zambezi River. Between morning and afternoon excursions, guests can unwind in the cushioned lounge and watch hippos wading in the river.
Goliath Camp, at a glance
- Classic bush camp owned and managed by respected and highly experienced guide Stretch Ferreira
- Scenic setting on the banks of the Zambezi, nestled into a shaded grove of albida and mahogany trees
- Seven East African-style tents with teak furnishings, dressing tables, writing desks, rugs and mesh windows
- Ensuite facilities including hot outdoor showers, flush toilets and running water
- Enjoy deliciously prepared meals al fresco on the edge of the Zambezi River
- Comfy lounge and bar facing the river, the perfect position to watch passing elephants and hippos
- Soak in the spectacular sunsets
For leisure and pleasure
- Unforgettable walking safaris led by Stretch and his incredible team of guides
- Set on afternoon game drives in search of the park’s diverse wildlife
- Enjoy leisurely canoe rides along the beautiful Zambezi River
- Dine on spectacular three-course meals under the stars
- Enjoy sharing stories with other guests around the campfire each evening
- Outstanding photography, birdwatching and fishing opportunities complete the experience at the Goliath Camp