Located on a private concession within the Zambezi National Park, Mpala Jena is an intimate property of just four tents, each with serene views across the shimmering waters of the Zambezi River.
The camp gets its name from a natural spring that runs through the concession, attracting a great diversity of wildlife throughout the year. The surrounding area is roamed by buffalo, elephant and lion, as well as the more elusive African wild dog and an abundance of birds - especially between November and April. When you’re not watching for wildlife, you can set out on excursions to the nearby world wonder that is the Victoria Falls to marvel at its breathtaking cascades.
With only four guest tents to its name, guests of Mpala Jena can be assured of an exclusive experience. With their flowing canvas ceilings and open river views, each tent has an understated, Moroccan-inspired decor – a nod to the 16th Arab explorer’s who once plied the Zambezi in search of gold. Each tent has decking leading to a private plunge pool where tranquil views of the Zambezi await. The two-bedroomed Mpala Jena Suite is perfect for families or larger groups.
Mpala Jena Camp, at a glance
- Luxury tented camp set on the private Mpala Concession within the Zambezi National Park
- Set on an exclusive stretch of the Zambezi under the shade of indigenous trees
- Four guest tents with canopy ceilings and an open plan bedroom, living room and lounge
- Private wrap-around decks with plunge pools and calming river views
- En-suite bathrooms are fitted with bathtubs, separate toilets, double basins and his/her vanity areas
- Moroccan-influenced decor
- Environmentally friendly camp run on electricity powered by its own solar farm
- Built from recycled hardwoods and canvas
- Large communal dining area and interactive kitchen
For leisure and pleasure
- Conveniently located just 10 miles from the Victoria Falls town
- Guided tours of the mighty Victoria Falls, as well as custom scenic flights on request
- Frequent sightings of buffalo, elephant, lion and wild dog
- Early morning and late afternoon guided game drives in private open 4x4 vehicles
- Exciting, seasonal river excursions on the ancient waterway that is the Zambezi
- Excellent birding particularly during the months between November and April