Catering for the discerning traveller, Victoria Falls River Lodge and its luxury tented suites sit close enough to the awe-inspiring falls to see and hear the magnificent spray rising up in the distance.
Nestled on the banks of the Zambezi River, this exclusive tented lodge lies in a blissfully peaceful section of the Zambezi National Park. Custom made from glass, canvas and timber, the 13 river-facing tents open out onto private viewing decks and plunge pools where you can watch elephants and hippos ambling down below. Furnishing includes huge comfortable beds, freestanding bathtubs and open plan bathrooms with both indoor and outdoor showers.
For something a bit more exclusive, opt for one of the treehouse suites which sit independently from the main lodge on the private Kandahar Island - elevated on timber decks and perfectly positioned for comprehensive river views. The two-storey ‘Starbed’ treehouses are particularly special with their open-air rooftop decks and starbeds suspended above the treetops.
Guests can explore the natural surroundings on leisurely sunset and sunrise river cruises, canoe safaris, bush walks and game drives. White water rafting, bungee jumping, birdwatching and daily guided tours of the Victoria Falls are also on the menu. Fine dining, a rim-flow infinity pool and pampering treatments in the Toa Spa complete the experience.
Victoria Falls River Lodge, at a glance
- Upscale safari lodge situated on the banks of the Zambezi River close to the mighty Victoria Falls
- The first private game lodge to be built within Zambezi National Park
- Accommodation includes 13 luxury tents with private river-facing decks
- Additional six treehouse suites, including two ‘starbed’ treehouses with rooftop decks, starbeds and personal butler service
- All have private plunge pools, extra-large beds, spacious seating areas, air conditioning and complimentary Wi-Fi
- Open-plan bathrooms with freestanding bathtubs and indoor/outdoor showers
- Expansive and airy dining and lounge areas, including a thatched bar with panoramic river views
- Dine on delicious, traditional Zimbabwean cuisine
- Easy access to the Victoria Falls town
For leisure and pleasure
- Raised game-viewing platform overlooking a private waterhole
- Lovely rim-flow infinity swimming pool
- Onsite fitness centre
- Toa spa where treatments range from massages to bespoke facials.
- Superb walking safaris and birdwatching opportunities
- Guided excursions to Victoria Falls with experienced guides
- Guided morning and afternoon game drives into the Zambezi National Park
- Enjoy fishing on the Zambezi River
- Helicopter flights over the falls
- Canopy tours, bungee jumping and exciting river rafting excursions