A luxury eco-retreat on Costa Rica’s stunning Pacific coast, known for its warm waters, beautiful beaches and breath-taking scenery.
Built on a peninsula overlooking the Pacific, with two beautiful and deserted beaches on its doorstep, Kasiiya Papagayo has an almost unbeatable position. Set within a 123-acre private reserve, the chic, safari-style lodge has been built and designed to have as little impact on the surrounding tropical-dry forest as possible.
The five eco-friendly tented suites, have been constructed using mainly natural materials and all feature king size beds, large open living room with daybeds and indoor and open-air private bathrooms. They also have an outdoor area with a porch including a dining area, and couches as well as fans, air-conditioning, eco minibar, a small library, and Wi-Fi. Two of the suites are set high on the promontory and the other three are lower, with quick access to the beach.
There is a sunset platform, lounge and restaurant, all of which overlook the Pacific Ocean and the restaurants offer a peaceful and natural environment to enjoy a relaxing sunrise breakfast, delicious lunch by the beach or a romantic sunset dinner. Meals are a combination of local and international dishes, all created using fresh and locally sourced ingredients.
Home to three species of monkey, numerous rare birds and all kinds of marine life, guests are encouraged to reconnect with nature during their stay. Activities have been carefully designed for them to do this and the hotel also offers a number of well-being experiences, including spa treatments within the jungle and a yoga platform with expansive views of the ocean.
Kasiiya, at a glance
- Five beautifully designed tented suites with private terraces and wonderful views of the Pacific Ocean or surrounding tropical forest
- Set within 123 acres of dry tropical forest and a short distance from a number of secluded beaches
- An eco-friendly sanctuary designed to have as low an impact on the surrounding nature as possible
- Fresh local and international cuisine using ingredients sourced from local farms and using almost entirely organic ingredients
- 45 minutes by road from Liberia airport allowing for quick access
For leisure and pleasure
- Spa treatments take place amid the jungle and incorporate local volcanic stones, oils and mud.
- One of the best snorkelling spots on the coast is directly in front of the three beachfront suites - July to October is a great time to see humpback whales, or rays, dolphins and sea turtles all year.
- Nature loving staff will always be happy to accompany you on jungle tours and kayak tours, and special night ventures to follow the turtles first steps towards the sea.
- Other activities include stand-up paddle boarding, tree-climbing, hiking, diving, fishing, boat trips, culinary and family activities, and surfing.