Purposely designed for navigating the isolated Galapagos Islands, the Santa Cruz II impresses with its extensive social areas, experienced crew and state-of-the-art design.
Named after one of the archipelago’s incredible islands, a journey aboard the Santa Cruz II is like no other. Nearly all the sites visited are not shared with other vessels, allowing you to experience the natural wonders of the Galapagos just as the early explorers did – in privacy. Add that to an excellent guide-to-guest ratio (one expert naturalist per eleven guests), each of whom has years of professional experience working in the region behind them.
Itineraries are designed to incorporate as much wildlife viewing as possible, with a combination of land and water-based activities. After a day of snorkelling with sea lions, meeting giant tortoises and glass-bottom boat rides, you can relax in the beautifully designed social spaces which include several viewing platforms, two hot tubs, a solarium and library. Those looking to fit in a workout will also find a well-equipped fitness room.
Santa Cruz II, at a glance
- State-of-the-art expedition vessel specifically designed to operate in the Galapagos
- Carries 90 passengers in 50 single, double and family cabins with private bathrooms and large picture windows
- For extra indulgence, opt for one of the exclusive Darwin Suites
- Experienced naturalist guides and expedition leaders
- Activities include kayaking, paddle boarding, Zodiac shore excursions, snorkelling and glass-bottom boat rides
- 99% of visitor sites not shared with other vessels
- Fine Ecuadorian and international cuisine served at the Beagle Restaurant, using local, organic ingredients where possible
- Extensive social areas including dining spaces, a solarium/sun deck, hot tubs, fitness room, library, indoor bar & lounge and entertainment room
- The Santa Cruz II takes its environmental impact seriously, and utilises some of the latest advances in sustainable sailing
Where will the Santa Cruz II take you?
- 4 and 6-night itineraries exploring the northern, eastern and western regions of the Galapagos Islands
- 5-Day Western Galapagos Tour (Balta, Santa Cruz, Isabela, Fernandina and Floreana)
- 7-Day Eastern Galapagos Tour (Baltra, Mosquera Islet, San Cristobal, Santa Fe, South Plaza, Santa Cruz, Espanola, North Seymour)
- 5-Day Northern Galapagos Tour (Baltra, Santa Cruz, Santiago, Rabida, Bartolome and Genovesa)