Enjoy some wonderful walks and stunning views of the mountains at this comfortable purpose-built lodge in an untouched corner of Nepal’s Himalayan foothills.
It is an almost unvarying rule of travel that the more remote the destination, the more rewarding the experience. Rule or not, it is certainly true of Three Mountain Lodge. From Kathmandu, you drive south-west through the verdant ‘middle hills’ of Nepal as far as the village of Bandipur.
It’s time to relax; you’re over halfway to Three Mountain. So you stop for lunch and to meet your guide and porter, both of whom are essential because your final approach to the lodge involves a three hour trek, the last 40 minutes of which is a stiff climb up to the ridge on which the lodge is built.
But once you arrive, you’ll understand why this adventure may just be the high point of your tailor-made holiday to Nepal.
Three Mountain Lodge, at a glance
- Purpose-built remote lodge within trekking distance of Bandipur Village
- Just 3 ½ hours’ scenic drive from Kathmandu
- Choice of 12 rooms with traditional design and modern comforts
- Awe-inspiring views of three 8,000 metre peaks
- Private balconies or verandas overlooking the mountains
- Front porch with chairs and mountain gardens
- Excellent food and drinks served in a cosy lounge area with a central fireplace
For leisure and pleasure
- Superb trekking base on a 1,011 metre high ridge, offering views of Manaslu, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himal
- Treks to Seti River Camp for an overnight stay and rafting along the river
- Great bird watching
- Walks through orange groves to visit local schools and to beautiful viewing points
- Tours of two local villages to see their traditional lifestyle
- Cultural visits to the homes of retired Gurkha soldiers