From your suite’s balcony you watch the sun slowly setting over Copacabana Beach. It may be dusk, but the day is far from over. As you sip your cocktail, lights stretching along the bay flicker on, defining its shape in an ethereal, illuminated curve.
If you’re a true romantic, now is the time to step outside the Sofitel and stroll, hand-in-hand, along the promenade. It’s geometric, Portuguese-style paving patterns lead you along the sand towards one of the ancient forts that guard the beach. And all the time the rhythm of the sea provides background music.
Or you may decide on something a little livelier. The Sofitel puts you within easy reach of all the bright lights, bustling action, cultural and culinary delights of South America’s most scintillating city.
Sofitel, at a glance
- Overlooking the fabulous Copacabana Beach and minutes away from downtown Rio
- Easy access of the international airport
- Choice of 388 rooms ranging from Classic rooms to Prestige suites, all with sumptuous ‘my beds’ and private terraces with fantastic views
- 66 rooms with Club Millesime services
- Restaurante Atlantis with a terrace overlooking the beach
- Restaurante Le Pre Catelan – rated amongst the world’s top ten by Hotel World
For leisure and pleasure
- Two marvellous swimming pools (one circular) with stunning views of the beach
- Superb spa offering Hammam and massage
- Beauty and pampering
- Fitness centre, sauna and solarium
- African-style Horse’s Neck bar and pool bar with views over the beach and Sugar Loaf mountain
- Easy access to Rio’s sightseeing, cultural events and variety of nightlife