Just about as different from a conventional holiday as it is possible to be. At Explora Atacama a whole world of adventure, discovery and unforgettable experiences await
For seasoned – jaded even – travellers, Explora Atacama answers the perennial question; where to go this year that is exciting enough, different enough and memorable enough to cap last year’s escapade?
How about the driest spot on Planet Earth? Make Explora Atacama part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Chile and you’ll discover a place so vast that time and direction lose their meaning. A place so ruggedly beautiful it defies your camera; where you’ll ride horses through untrammelled wilderness, take guided mountain hikes, go star-gazing at the Explora Observatory, visit Puritama hot springs and, of course, stay in a lodge that embraces the traditions of the ancient Aymura people. Complete with 42 acre grounds lined with the time-worn paths and buildings of the area‘s original inhabitants.
Explora Atacama, at a glance
- Adventure and eco-lodge in 42 acres of Aymara land, near the village of San Pedro de Atacama
- Choice of 50 rooms and suites with modern interior design reflecting the Andean tradition
- Suites have balconies affording stunning views of the surrounding countryside
- Rooms have wall-to-wall windows connecting you with the great outdoors
- Cuisine that includes spit roasted BBQs around a historic adobe house and patio
- Explora bar
For leisure and pleasure
- Four, interconnected swimming pools surrounded by foxtails and other indigenous plants
- Sauna, steam baths and open air Jacuzzis
- Turi Puri massage room
- Trips to the Purtami Reserve and hot springs – now a declared nature reserve
- Observatory for star-gazing
- Cultural entertainment that includes authentic Andean music, song and dance performed by local artists
- Lodge store selling local artisan goods
Special Offer: 'Explora passport'
- Explora offer a discount of up to 25% for guests who stay in more than one of their hotels on the same trip
- Their other properties include Rapa Nui, Patagonia and Valle Sagrado
For more details please contact one of our experts.