The ideal luxury hotel for serenity and rejuvination, the beautiful Theva Residency is situated close to the hill town of Kandy.
The Sacred Temple of the Tooth Relic with its saffron robed monks. Devales and monasteries. A sacred lake with cormorants, pelicans, fish eagles and egrets. A national museum that was once a harem. The turbulent old market. A preserved 15th century royal forest. There is much to delight and astonish you in the ancient Sinhalese capital of Kandy.
But make The Theva part of your luxury, tailor-made holiday to Sri Lanka and you’ll be perfectly placed to revel in the cool hillside air above the busy city. You’ll be close to the Hanthana Rainforest, and just a tuc tuc ride from the placid greenness of a Tea Plantation and museum. You’ll also be treated to all the serenity and comfort of a sophisticated modern Sri Lankan boutique hotel.
The Theva Residency, at a glance
- Beautifully designed boutique hotel on a cool hillside overlooking Kandy
- Two kilometres from the town centre
- Choice of just 11 suites, balcony and deluxe rooms
- Décor reflects the colours and style of a traditional Kandyan Perahera (procession)
- Superb contemporary en suite bathrooms
- Most rooms feature sweeping views
- Splendid dining experience; a fusion of traditional and new, Kandyan and international dishes
For leisure and pleasure
- Fantastic, infinity edge outdoor swimming pool
- Elegant spa with in-house sauna
- Outside deck for sun-downers
- Easy access to the wonderful flora and fauna – including great birdlife – of the lush Hanthana Rainforest
- Close to all the cultural and religious sites of Kandy
- Markets, shops, parks, temples, monasteries and shrines all within a couple of kilometres